Thursday, 27 December 2007

No Surprise...

The holiday obviously didn't help the mood of the MOE official, she failed to give Alma our docs on the 24th but is now assuring us that she will hand over the dossier to our agency on the 3rd of January!

She still tells us that she will give permission to travel in January and if our agency can finally get their hands on our dossier by the first or second week of January then we will still be able to make our flights on the 19th.

If she fails to keep her word this time then we may have to think about moving to another region in Kaz, we don't want to do this as Ust is now our 3rd region and we have become used to the idea of traveling there!

We leave it with the Lord and trust that He will overrule in this situation and the dossier will finally be in the hands of our agency workers soon.

Hope everyone had a happy Christmas and trust you all have a good new year.

We will report back as soon as we get any more info, which should be around the 3rd/4th Jan.

Philip & Amanda

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening! It is very discouraging to say the least. I for one will keep hoping that you will hear good news in time to make your flight!

Kim said...

I certainly hope you don't have to change regions. I really want to know that families are going to the baby house in Ust again. As far as everyone I have talked to knows my son was the last baby to leave the Ust baby house and we adopted him in March.

I remember all those sweet faces and pray each day they find families.

Kim & Jamie said...

Hi! I found your blog through Amy's website. I just wanted to say that I hope you hear good news in the New Year! I hope you don't have to transfer regions again either - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Your faith is a true inspiration. Good luck and I look forward to reading more about your journey:)

Happy New Year! May you receive many good blessings in 2008!

Best wishes,

Kim & Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Amy said...

Hi Philip and Amanda. I received confirmation from my agency regarding the tensions between the MOE and the region that you spoke of in your blog. It seems that my dossier is one of the ones being held up now, like yours. I am getting a positive vibe from my coordinator that she really thinks now that the holidays are almost over (remember they have January 7th off too) that the dossiers will move forward as promised. (She is a very upfront person and gives bad news in a timely manner if that is the information she has.)

I think that if you don't hear anything positive on the 3rd and 4th you should be prudent and wait for the 7th or even the 10th to pass since that is the last holiday (7th) they will have there until March. I know you have been very patient and waited so long at this point but I would think long and hard about moving before the 7th as even if you do go to another region nothing most likely will happen to your file until a bit after the 7th anyway because of the holiday...so in a sense you wouldn't be losing anything by waiting to see what happens in Ust till then. It would be a shame to push yourselves back to the start of a different region all for the lack of a few days. Of course, only you can decide for yourself what is right for you...but I thought I would share what I know...which isn't much more than you know already.